|Early Registration - by February 17th, 2013**
|Regular Registration - by March 8th, 2013**
|Late Registration and On the day
|Competitors Hanlon-Ford Gala ticket
|*Double registration subject to $10 extra charge
|** Dates may be subject to slight changes
An elegant evening of dancing, competition, and professional performances by the nation's best ballroom dancers.
The Gala will include (more details at the Hanlon-Ford Gala page):
- Amateur open level finals
- Social dancing
- Cash bar
- World-class professional showcase: Stay tuned for the announcement of this year's performers!
|Competitors Gala Entry - purchased online
|College Student Gala Entry
|MASSabda member Gala Entry
|Adult Gala Entry
|Front Row seating
|Harvard Students and Alumni Package*
|* includes Dinner, Front Row seating and much more!
Online purchase available here.
Rules of Competition
- Double registration is allowed for all levels above Newcomer.
- Same-sex partnerships are allowed.
- There are no restrictions on age or affiliation. Youth, adult, and non-collegiate competitors are welcome.
- We strongly encourage competitors to dance at a higher level if he or she has placed out of three dances in any style at a given level. Please be considerate. We will contact anyone whom we deem unfit for the level he or she is registered for.
- Dancers may compete in the newcomer level only if they have started to dance after January, 1st 2013. Dancers may compete in the bronze level only if they have started to dance after January 1st, 2012.
- The accumulation of seven or more points in an event at a particular level according to the YCN point system makes a competitor ineligible to compete in that event/level. A couple must compete at the level of the more experienced dancer.
- If a competitor notices any registration where he or she believes the couple is ineligible for the level entered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (include published results list in the email). We will send an email response after an investigation.
- Newcomer and Bronze: ISTD Bronze syllabus for International style, USISTD Bronze syllabus for American style. No continuity footwork.
- Silver and Gold: ISTD Silver or Gold syllabus respectively for International style, and USISTD, DVIDA, FADS, AMDS Silver or Gold syllabus respectively or any other major syllabus for American style.
- Couples who commit an infraction will get a warning in the preliminary rounds. If they still commit the infraction in the final, they will be dropped one place.
- Costumes are prohibited in Newcomer, but are allowed in all other events.
- For women costumes are defined as anything tailored with rhinestones, sequins or feathers.
- For men costumes are defined as Tailsuits and Latin shirts with a slitted front or other such styling.